Pre-NCE Admission Requirement
General requirement for Pre-NCE Programme:
- WASSCE/GCE with 4 passes at a sitting or 5 passes at 2 sittings including English Language and Mathematics.
- A complete Teachers Grade II Certificate. Students must obtain the entry requirement for the NCE Programme before graduation.
NCE Admission Requirement
General requirement for NCE Programme:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or GCE O level with Credit in five (5) subjects including English Language and Maths, in the same sitting or six credits at two sittings. Two of the credit must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer.
- A Grade (2) Teachers Certificate (TCII) with Credit or Merits in three subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer. Credit/merit in English Language and/or Mathematics may be a requirement in some courses.
- Any additional qualification that are acceptable to NCE and the College
NOTE: All Candidates except for Pre-NCE, wishing to be considered for admission must enroll for and write the selection examination by JAMB.
- Candidates seeking admission into College of Education Waka-Biu Undergraduate programmes are expected to have the following:
- Must have written the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtained a minimum cut-off mark of 160 in the exams. Candidates should refer to the JAMB admission requirements for Universities for O’ Level/A’ Level course combination for their choice of course.
- Candidates must posses a minimum of five credits in SSCE or its equivalents in not more than 2 sittings. The subjects must include Mathematics, English Language and the subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course in both Sciences and Arts.
- For the three-year Direct Entry (DE) Degree Programme, a minimum of Nine (9) Points for NCE and Lower Credit or Merit for Diploma in relevant field of study.
- For the 2018/2019 admission session, candidates interested in studying at College of Education Waka-Biu are to change their First Choice of Institution to the College of Education Waka-Biu in the JAMB portal/website. Candidates are also to upload their O’Level/A’Level results to the portal at any JAMB CBT centre.
- Candidates may contact the College of Education Waka-Biu for further enquiries, please.